Following the publication of new Covid-19 rules and requirements by the State of
California Department of Public Health, the Trailblazers Board of Directors met on June 15th to
discuss how those changes would apply to the 76th annual banquet at The Phoenix Club in
Anaheim on August 28, 2021.
Considering that the event schedule will include an outdoor motorcycle show held in the
courtyard during the afternoon, followed by a buffet dinner and awards program in a large,
covered hall that has the capability to be open air by raising the side walls, the following policy
will be in effect:
1. Masks will not be required for fully vaccinated attendees. Unvaccinated attendees are
expected to wear a mask indoors—except while dining or consuming drinks. Compliance
of the masking regulations will be on the honor system and proof of vaccination will not
2. To encourage visibility of who has been fully vaccinated, attendees who bring legitimate
documentation of full vaccination (sorry, verbal is not enough), they will be given one
free drink ticket to be used at the event, as well as a green star affixed to their badge to
indicate to others that they have been fully vaccinated.
3. Anyone who has a fever or Covid-19 symptoms on the day or days leading up to the
event; or has recently been exposed to someone with Covid-19, should not attend the
event. While it is not the current plan, the Trailblazers reserve the option to require a
temperature check prior to entry.
4. Social distancing limitations will not be in effect.
5. Those who choose to wear a mask whether they have been vaccinated or not are
welcome to do so.
6. Attendees must follow all posted instructions while visiting The Phoenix Club.
7. All attendees must accept that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any
public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease
that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention, senior citizens with underlying medical conditions are especially
8. A form will need to be signed by all attendees before entering acknowledging that by
attending the 2021 Trailblazers banquet and Tom Cates Memorial Bike Show presented
by Hagerty, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
9. Any changes by Federal, State or local authorities may be implemented by Trailblazers
10. While the Trailblazers Board of Directors is attempting to produce a safe and enjoyable
event, we understand that some people holding tickets might feel that the Covid-19
requirements for this event may be too strict, or not strict enough. Any requests for
refundable cancellations must be received by June 30th. Contact Don Emde at 949-632-
4668 or email: email@example.com to make a cancellation.
All table or ticket holders with guests should distribute a copy of this information to
them as soon as possible. I look forward to seeing you all at the banquet!
Don Emde, President